Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cocktail, anyone?

I sometimes get a bit self-pitying and think that the world of anti-depressants is a bit bizarre and unfair- I mean, all medications have their side effects, but it does seem like sometimes they're not worth the trouble, you know? I mean, I am on Avanza/Remeron right now, and the side effects that bother me are the irritability, the constant hunger and the weight gain. That's really it. The occasional mania, the easily startled-ness, the sleepiness, the rapid heartbeat, the flu-like symptoms, that I can handle, so why isn't there a medication that only has side effects that I can handle, I mean, come on!

Here is a list of side effects I can live with:

-dizziness
-sedation
-sleepiness
-easily startled-ness
-tingly fingers/toes
-elevated heartbeat
-low blood pressure
-flu-like symptoms
-nausea
-occasional mania

Here are some I do not want to live with:

-reduced sex drive (that's the biggie, huh?)
-irritability, or any other negative mood changes
-constant hunger/cravings
-weight gain
-massively increased anxiety/depression (well, come on, that just seems counterproductive, doesn't it?)

It just seems to me that there should be a medication that fits me perfectly!

*grins* You can tell I'm an only child, huh?

g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home