Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Feeling kinda wistful and sad...

...after reading this post over at Chickybabe's blog... I remember interactions like that, and I miss them, I haven't had one in while...*sigh*

Whoa, was that angst? In my blog?!!? Wow, man, my indie cred just skyrocketed.

In other news... stopping by for the O-week festivities at my uni made me feel so OLD, and I'm only twenty. I can't start feeling old yet, can I?

This girl talked to me (first years are so much friendlier than us jaded whores of fourth years) and when I said I was in fourth year she was like 'WOW!' as if I was some kind of alien species. Not deliberately of course, sweet girl, but jeez.

Am I allowed to look at boys in first year? In high school they were still KIDS when I thought I was all grown up! The worst thing is some of them look young enough that I don't -want- to look at them. I didn't think there was anything worse than perving on first years, but there is- and it's not having the desire to perve on them. *gasp*

Didn't really enjoy the crowds, stopped by once (okay, maybe three times) in the hope of chatting to Phd at his society's stall, but no dice... picked up my union diary and one for the bestie, and then buggered off.

I also got a nasty letter from Centrestink today, demanding I explain why my academic circumstances don't fit into their tight little boxes. (Ooh, sounds rude!) Please don't stop paying me Centrestink, I only just started getting money from you guys and I neeeeeeeed it!

g

9 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Nothing wrong with perving on younger guys, as long as they're worth it!

Thanks for your kind comment and the link to my post :).

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you can't start feeling old yet, g.. definitely not.

But you can remember what it was like to be in first year.. it's not that long ago, after all.. and how you now miss interactions like Chickybabe described.. how many of those first years would want the same? Of course, as Chickybabe said, you can still look.. nothing wrong in that at all.

btw.. stopping by Phd's society stall, three times, wouldn't have anything to do with the previous post? Just asking.. ;)

charon xox

9:20 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Perve away i say. They're above the age of consent and might just wanna learn a thing or two...that sounds so wrong. I'm toey, leave me alone!!!

10:42 pm  
Blogger Girl said...

Chickybabe - LOL I am reaching that point scarily quickly where I perve on anything with two feet and a heartbeat. Well, that's not true. Though at dinner in the Valley I was staring at an adorable little emo boy at another table... I heart emo fringes!

charon- I don't really feel old, most of the time. And yeah, I remember first year...I'm pretty sure I was a lot less annoying, being already jaded of uni after about ten minutes.

... and yes, stalking Phd could be related to a previous post...complaining about being sexless etc... and naturally in my current 'over casual sex state' having sex with someone also comes with a nice little burden of getting feelings for them. It will pass, I would date Phd if I could but he is 'too busy' (read: doesn't want to) which I accept.

Steph - hehe, I feel your pain...I was almost ready to go over and talk to emo boy at the restaurant, just cause meeting someone nice and cute might get me some action! Damn being toey!

12:53 am  
Blogger Girl said...

The other problem for me is that I've dated younger boys, and it has -never- worked... I know it's probably specific cases, but there just seems to be such a vast gulf between nineteen and twenty. Even in regards to my own maturity, there's a vast gulf...so maybe there is a big gap between those ages generally?

1:20 am  
Blogger Andrew Webster said...

Hahaha!

Honey, I'm about twice your age, and I perve on first-years with abandon! I wish I hadn't left it so late to become a lecherous old deviant!

Still I'm making up for lost time now. If I know then what I know now - well, I didn't know it then, but I DO know it now! Might as well share...

1:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

g,

I think it's probably a combination of a gulf between those two ages in general.. and the difference in your own maturity.

But that's no reason not to look :)

btw I see you're not sleeping.. again :p

Charon xox

2:19 am  
Blogger i said...

im not a believer in age being an issue as such.. It's all in the mind.. I've had a couple of flings with women who had a few years on me..

unless you actually sit down and say it over and over and over again.. it's not something that i have noticed before..

Maturity is the Key factor with that sorta stuff... you can have a mature 19 yr old.. but then you can also have the complete opposite!

Perv away i say!!

xo iain.

9:50 am  
Blogger Girl said...

Charon, yes, still not sleeping. Well, actually I sleep til about noon, so I suppose in reality I get the same amount of sleep as anyone else. Hmm. I'm just saving up before going back to uni next week. Or something.

i- Yeah, I suppose maturity has a lot to do with it. My two flings with younger men, I didn't get lucky in the maturity stakes. I can (apparently) be quite intimidating to guys, so I don't really think I'll find what I want amongst younger men, just because they seem more scared of me than the older ones. Perhaps I am just generalising horribly there, correct me if I'm wrong!

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home