Friday, February 17, 2006

Yes, I know it's a little late in the year for a 2005 retrospective...

...but what the hell, I didn't do one, and it looks like fun!

Pinched from muchadoaboutsomething

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?

Realized that seeing a psychologist doesn't make you crazy. It makes you sane.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I don't think so. I don't take much notice though, maybe? My friends aren't really at that age yet though.

3. Did anyone close to you die?

My great grandmother.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?

Nowhere overseas, but I went down to Victoria for Falls Festival and it was fantastic!

5. Best thing you bought?

The hours at my shrink!

6. Where did most of your money go?

Books, cds, food!

7. What do you wish you had done more of?

Saved money.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?

Stressed.

9. What kept you sane?

Myshrink, my very good friends. Sleep, pilates, painting, music.

10. What drove you mad?

Me.

11. What made you celebrate?

Feeling like I was regaining my sanity.

12. What made you sad?

Any number of things. The stress I put myself through for little or no reason.

13. How was your birthday this year?

Really good, I love you guys!

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?

Voluntary student unionism. Down with VSU!

15. Where you in love in 2005?

Naw.

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?

A good long term relationship.

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?

Umm...since I seem to struggling to remember the exact date, I'll say the day I finally met the online beau of many years in real life, because that changed my entire existence in many ways.

18. What song will remind you of 2005?

TZU - She Gets Up and The Mountain Goats -This Year.

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?

Yes, for certain!

20. Biggest achievement this year?

Becoming a happier, more stable person.

21. Biggest disappointment this year?

I don't really have too many. I guess not making it into the Big Brother house.

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?

More sanity.

23. Best new person you met this year?

Hmm... the internet boy I guess, if you count people you hadn't met in real life before.

24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?

When you are stressed, just ask yourself - 'Does it really matter?'- very little actually matters.

Just thought I'd give you a nice update.

In other news, things have settled down in my head. I made a decision about the boy I was dating, had a fun friday night, and here I am.

g

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Webster said...

Two things.

I know someone that was in the Big Brother house. It did them no favours at all, and they are still getting over it. They naively thought it would be good for their career in the entertainments industry, did not allow for the fact that they'd be locked up with a bunch of ruthless wannabees who were each after the loot, and that when they'd emerge from the house, they'd be met by a world full of strangers that all thought they knew her personally.

Not a great experience.

2. What was the decision? You get my teaser of the week award for that!!! Do TELL!

P.S. Glad to hear that the shrink-thing was good for you. Getting that we exxentially do it to ourselves is a great thing to see. Stuff happens, but its US that makes it mean what we makes it mean. Doesn't matter how valid that appears to be, if it then limits our lives, it's no good. But we can re-visit those decisions, and make up something that actually opens up our lives instead.

*HUG*

A x (initial of real name)

1:13 am  
Blogger Andrew Webster said...

(Fuck. I really should spell check before I press the "publish and be damned button"! Oh well....)

1:15 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Wow, my meme is still doing the rounds. Nicely done. You seem to have grown a lot in the last 12 months.

12:15 pm  
Blogger Girl said...

LOL Sadly onlywhenilarf, my first instinct was to ask 'Oooh, who?!'. But I will restrain my curiosity.

I didn't really want to get into the Big Brother house to get famous, just to be on Big Brother. And in choosing it as my biggest dissappointment, it wasn't that big, but the worst I could think of from the year, which I'm grateful for more than anything!

As for the decision, that was a completely accidental tease (and aren't those the best kind?) and I'll cover that in my post soon to be up there. *points*

Oh, and yep, Steph, the meme is still doing the rounds- I only found your blog the other day and I've been trawling through the archives having a good read! And thanks, I think I've grown a lot too.

g

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home