Tuesday, February 21, 2006

An Open Letter to the Boys I Have Dated/Will Date,

To Whom It May Concern,

Three things that will not make me change my mind about rejecting/dumping you:

1) Acting like an obnoxious ass afterwards, just because you can. This only serves to convince me that I did, in fact, make the right decision in the first place.

2) Crying/telling me in lurid detail how miserable you are. I am not a heartless bitch, I didn't decide to reject you out of hand. That said, I am not your mother either, so throwing a tantrum isn't going to make me change my mind.

3) Begging. This should be self-explanatory, especially coming from me.

4) Parading your latest conquests to me, in the form of copy + pasting conversations, sending me photos, talking un-subtly about your 'hot date/dates'. I am not a child. This will not make me suddenly overwhelmingly jealous/envious and want you back. Great, you've moved on, have a gold star!

5) Actually, anything. I don't change my mind. The decision was hard enough in the first place without me going and bloody changing it. SO STOP TRYING!

g

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. beware of boredom, weakness, and/or nostalgia, g..

Just saying..

Although the behaviour you've detailed in the post is likely to negate any and all of those dangers anyway.

charon xox

1:03 am  
Blogger Girl said...

LOL Oh, no, don't be confused- it wasn't Phd that did this, it was the boy I was dating. (Heehee, really tempted to just comment 'Oh, it wasn't the boy I was fucking, it was the boy I was dating.)

He was just acting like a real tool on MSN. Phd is always the epitome of good manners in any post-whatever situation.

g

1:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah.. confusion gone, g.. :o)

Probably best to ignore/block[?] such attention-seeking behaviour.

charon xox

1:45 am  
Blogger Girl said...

Alas, I am sometimes too tolerant...I just hope they revert back to being normal people eventually.

In other news, it seems I no longer sleep. :p

g

1:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will, g, eventually..

Just as well there's this thing called the interwebby, then ;p

charon xox

1:54 am  
Blogger i said...

They go back to normal.. i've been there once when i was a wee laddie.. learnt my lesson!! never again!! :)

this no longer sleeping.. is this a good thing? or a bad thing? because if you were up all night because of a certain boy in your bed.. well! congrats!! :P

.. but if your turning into an insomniac.. that might not be so grand! :P

iain.

10:03 am  
Blogger Girl said...

I think the interweb is what caused it!

And alas, not not-sleeping because of a boy in my bed, though the offer's there from Phd. But he won't go to any trouble for it.

In the meantime I might go in to Market Day and ogle.

Excuse me.

g

11:55 am  
Blogger Andrew Webster said...

Well, you can always go back to a boy for a afternoon or so, should nostalgia overwhem you, and remind yourself why you broke up!

1:16 am  
Blogger Girl said...

LOL Onlywhenilarf, not going back to boys I've dated generally...they'd turn it into a big production afterwards, and I hate hurting people's feelings. The good thing about Phd's general neglect is that it's predictable, and (if frustrating) easy in it's own way, for poor little don't-rock-the-boat me.

g

1:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home